10 DIY crafts to help you decorate on a budget
(photo courtesy of Cleverly Simple)
Just in case you haven’t really started yet, here’s your friendly reminder to get decorating!
I don’t know about you, but when I head into the local craft store I usually end up feeling really overwhelmed by the prices. Who’s got the money to spend $60 on a centerpiece? Whelp, there goes the gift budget….sorry kids, Mommy spent it all on decorating the house. But here’s another piece of pumpkin pie for ya…
Yeah, not cool. Not cool. So be the cool one this year and do some really cool stuff, but on a budget.
Check out these DIY decorating projects. I’m particularly a fan of the rustic garland!
1. Check out how to create a meaningful centerpiece for $5 on Cleverly Simple.
2. Here’s a DIY festive candle holder that costs $5 to make on Mission to Save.
3. Lauren made this festive, inexpensive centerpiece using items from the Dollar Tree.
4. Make your own decorative trees out of coffee filters This project only costs $1!
5. Love snow globes for decorating? Check out this amazingly simple DIY winter snowglobe
6. Love a little more of a rustic look for the holidays? This DIY rustic Christmas garland is perfect!
7. I’m a huge fan of this holiday wall art. So simple, and it makes such a bold decorating statement!
8. And these holiday floating candles using cranberries Gorgeous and simple!
9. Have some pom poms? Make a cute pom pom wreath out of them for the front door!
10. And let’s not forget about the birds this cold Winter. Make some DIY Birdseed Ice Ornaments for a festive way to feed the birds!
Now that you’re ready to decorate on a budget, you’ll have more money in the gift fund, right? Happy decorating everyone!
Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com. Crystal also works as a consultant for Savings.com on the Favado grocery program.