10 DIY crafts to help you decorate on a budget
(photo courtesy of Cleverly
Just in case you haven't really started
yet, here's your friendly reminder to get decorating!
I don't know about you, but when I head
into the local craft store I usually end up feeling really overwhelmed by the
prices. Who's got the money to spend $60 on a centerpiece? Whelp, there goes
the gift budget....sorry kids, Mommy spent it all on decorating the house. But
here's another piece of pumpkin pie for ya...
Yeah, not cool. Not cool. So be the cool
one this year and do some really cool stuff, but on a budget.
Check out these DIY decorating projects.
I'm particularly a fan of the rustic garland!
1. Check out how to create a meaningful centerpiece for $5 on Cleverly Simple.
2. Here's a DIY festive candle holder that costs $5 to make on Mission to Save.
3. Lauren made this festive, inexpensive centerpiece using items from the Dollar Tree.
4. Make your own decorative trees
out of coffee filters
This project only costs $1!
5. Love snow globes for decorating? Check out this amazingly simple DIY winter snowglobe
6. Love a little more of a rustic look for
the holidays? This DIY rustic
7. I'm a huge fan of this holiday wall
. So simple, and it makes such a bold decorating statement!
8. And these holiday floating
candles using cranberries
Gorgeous and simple!
9. Have some pom poms? Make
a cute pom pom wreath
them for the front door!
10. And let's not forget about the birds
this cold Winter. Make some DIY Birdseed Ice
festive way to feed the birds!
Now that you're ready to decorate on a budget, you'll have more money in the gift fund, right? ;) Happy decorating everyone! Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com. Crystal also works as a consultant for Savings.com on the Favado grocery program. (Source: Savings.com)