10 frugal ways to celebrate dad
With Father’s Day fast approaching, here are a few frugal ideas to celebrate dad while still staying on budget. You don’t need to break your budget to show dad how much he means to you.
1. Wash The Car: All you need is soap and water, as well as a little elbow grease to shine up dad’s car. You can let dad relax while you take care of his vehicle.
2. Give Dad a Call: If you live miles from dad, set aside time to call dad and catch up on what’s happening in life.
3. Fix Dad His Favorite Meal: Fix dad his favorite meal. You can arrive early and fix a big breakfast, or if your dad enjoys grilling, make his favorite dish.
4. Write a Letter to Dad: Write a heartfelt letter to dad and let him know how much he’s meant to you and why.
5. Give Dad your Time: Set aside time to spend with Dad. Whether it’s watching his favorite movie or going for a walk, let dad know that he means the world to you by giving him your time.
6. Take Dad down Memory Lane: Visit your dad’s hometown and take a drive. Let him tell you about the memories he had growing up and how much you care about his history.
7. Make a Card for Dad: Fill a card with pictures of you and Dad and let him know how much he means to you with a few words.
8. Father’s Day Coupon Book: Make a coupon book filled with ways you’ll help dad this year. Include ideas like “mow the grass” or “weed the flower bed” to let dad know you’ll be celebrating him all year long.
9. Dad’s Favorite Tunes: Create a playlist of dad’s favorite songs. You can put it on a CD or MP3 depending on what dad’s most comfortable with. He’ll enjoy listening to his favorite songs for months to come.
10. Frame Dad: You probably have a picture frame around the house. Fill it with your favorite picture of you and dad to let him know that you love the time you’ve spent with him.
You don’t have to spend a lot to tell dad that he means the world to you. These frugal ideas for Father’s Day will let dad know that you celebrate him not just on Father’s Day but all year long.
Lynette Rice is author of CleverlySimple.com and BuehlersDeals.com. She doesn’t think saving money has to be complicated and shares her tips to help others keep it simple as they cleverly save. A stay at home mom to two growing boys, she uses her spare time to teach Savings Nation workshops to teach others how to save up to 50% off their grocery bill.