10 last-minute gift ideas under $5
So, you waited until the last-minute. That’s cool. You know they have a support group for people like us, don’t you? It’s called Procrastinator’s Anonymous. We were going to have a meeting this week, but it was postponed. But alas, here we are and you need some deals right? Well I gotcha covered! Here are ten last-minute gift ideas that all cost $5 or less.
1. Funky Winter Hats. Give a fun hat for the holidays and help keep someone’s head warm. That’s always a good thing, right?
Cost: $5 Store: 5 Below
2. Quirky Tees. I just love a fun tee! And 5 Below is the ultimate source for cool tees for just $5 each. Sometimes it’s really hard to find a gift that guys, especially teenage ones, will actually like. I can usually never fail with a funny tee as a gift.
Cost: $5 Store: 5 Below
3. Homemade bath salts. I love me a good DIY gift, don’t you? This one is super easy to make and very inexpensive. Check out this homemade bath salts tutorial.
Cost: Less than $5. Store: Your house!
4. DVD Movies. Got a few kids on your list? Both Target and 5 Below have DVDs priced at $5. 5 Below in particular has a lot of the holiday classics available for just $5 each.
Cost: $5 Store: 5 Below, Walmart, and Target
5. Variety of stocking stuffers and small gifts in the “Dollar Spot.” Granted, these aren’t necessarily the most exciting and expensive looking items in the world, but some of them are quite fun and quirky. A couple items together might make for a cute little gift bag.
Cost: $1-$5 Store: Target and Dollar Tree
6. Ornaments. Ornaments can be picked up almost anywhere for $5 or less. If you have someone on your list that really enjoys the Christmas Season, a nice ornament might just be the perfect gift!
Cost: $1-$5 Store: Dollar Tree, Target and many others!
7. Homemade sugar scrub. All you need is a container, sugar and coconut oil. These items combined cost less than $5 to throw together, and you’re giving a nice homemade gift! Check out this homemade sugar scrub recipe.
Cost: Less than $5 Store: Your kitchen!
8. Cool Slippers. Nothing makes me feel cozier during the Winter than a nice pair of slippers! I love it when people give me a new pair, too. It’s one of those items that you don’t necessarily think of to get for yourself, so it’s always nice to get from a friend or family member.
Cost: $5 Store: Target, Dollar General, Family Dollar and many others!
9. Poinsettias! If you have a green thumb on your gift list, or need a hostess gift for that upcoming party, a poinsettia makes a lovely gift! I especially love the ones that come in a pretty pot.
Cost: $1.99 and $4.99 Store: Aldi
10. Books. A good book always makes for a good gift, especially if you have an avid reader on your gift list. Good books also make great gifts for kids. Barnes & Noble has an entire section devoted to books under $10, with many of them being $5 or less. Be sure to stop by and check out their deals!
Cost: $5 or less Store: Barnes & Noble
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out my list here of Special Gift Ideas. There are 101 items on my list. No matter what you decide to get someone this year, make sure it’s special and meaningful! And yes, $5 gifts can be meaningful, too. Some of the best gifts I’ve ever received or given cost less than $5! It’s all about the meaning behind the gift.
Merry Christmas everyone! Let me know if you have any other great gift ideas that cost $5 or less!
Crystal Collins is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog TheThriftyMama.com.