3 Thanksgiving side dishes – Ready in under 30 minutes
(photo credit: myrecipes.com)
Time is of the essence on Thanksgiving morning, as you prepare your feast. If you didn’t have time to get any “make ahead sides or desserts” ready, you’ve still got time on the morning of the big day. Half of the battle on Thanksgiving morning is figuring out what to make when, what should be started first, and coming up with a plan and order so that it can all hit the table, perfectly warmed.
Below is a plan that will help you make the best use of your time, to get 3 side dishes on the table in less than 30 minutes:
Glazed Butternut Squash Cranberry-Apple Sauce
2 15 oz. cans whole cranberry sauce
3 sweet apples, such as Honeycrisp or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Chop the apples and mix with the cranberry sauce and spices.
The 30 Minute Plan
- Turn on oven. (If it isn’t already.)
- Cut and prepare the Butternut Squash and start it cooking in the saucepan. (25 minutes on stove top)
- Place asparagus on the baking sheet and put into the oven. (10 minutes in oven)
- While asparagus is roasting, chop apples and mix up the cranberry sauce. (5 minutes to mix up)
- Check on squash and remove the asparagus.
- Serve your 3 side dishes with the rest of your feast.
Smile knowing you get 3 side dishes done in less than 30 minutes! Happy Feasting!