5 Home Decor Items to Purchase at Post-Holiday Sales
Image by normanack via Flickr
I know it may seem a little premature to plan for after-Christmas sales, but a little planning can go a long way in helping you save money. While many of you regularly head out the day after Christmas to purchase typical Christmas items (wrapping paper, ornaments, etc.
), there are many other items that are deeply discounted after Christmas and many of these items can be used all year long.
Here are 5 home decor items that you can get for a steal after Christmas:
- Candles and Candle holders: I am amazed at how many candles are marked to a fraction of their price after Christmas...and not just the red and green ones. Last year I found tons of white candles in a variety of scents. You'll also find a variety of candle holders that are marked down as well.
- Kitchen and Bathroom Towels: Last year I was able to pick up some gorgeous packages of towels. Many of them were white with red trim, but they were packaged in such Christmas-y packaging that it was marked at 75% off. I even picked up a few packs of towels that were solid white, but just had some ribbon and Christmas themed wrapping.
- Twinkle lights: I am convinced that you can never have too may twinkle lights. They add such a magical feeling to a room. You can use these outside or indoor on their own or create Pottery Barn Teen Inspired lights. (These are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to put one together in my daughter's room.)
- Throw Pillows and Blankets: I'm amazed how many non-Christmas items are packaged in Christmas packaging and then sold for a fraction of the price after Christmas. You'll often see pillows and throws in rich colors and textures wrapped in gorgeous ribbon at 75% off.
- Ribbon: Ribbon can be used in so many different home decor projects and at this time of year there is no shortage of discounted ribbons. Look for various colors of ribbon that would compliment the home decor you have.
I know I said five items, but I thought I'd throw in a bonus item for you!
: While these are technically not home decor, if you're anything like me these tend to sit out on your kitchen counter throughout the year. Last year, we found blenders, coffee makers, turkey roasters, pots and pans, and all kinds of kitchen storage items in the Christmas section marked at 75% off.
What other deeply discounted home decor items do you purchase after Christmas?