5 budget-friendly gluten free favorites
If you’re allergic to gluten, sensitive to gluten or even on a gluten free diet by choice, it doesn’t have to be too difficult to come up with good meals. While it may seem hard at first to change your diet completely, going gluten-free can be simple, delicious and satisfying.
Your childhood favorites such as pancakes, pizzas, spaghetti, sandwiches and cupcakes can easily be tweaked to leave out the gluten and still retain all the wonderful flavor. Plus, it shouldn’t break your budget either.
I’ve compiled the 5 best recipes that will keep your stomach happy and your pocketbook even happier:
1. Breakfast - There’s nothing like watching the pancake batter hit the hot oiled pan and within minutes, the smell captivates the whole room. You can still enjoy a breakfast staple with these gluten-free pancakes.
2. Lunch – It’s true that you can’t have bread that’s made of wheat and anything in the gluten family, but there are so many other alternative breads that will keep you satisfied, especially this gluten free turkey club sandwich.
3. Dinner – Who doesn’t love spaghetti? I love it and so do my children. We have it about once a week for dinner. With this gluten-free spaghetti recipe, you won’t even know the difference. You’ll just say mama mia!
4. Anytime – Pizza, pizza, pizza. This gluten-free cafeteria-style pizza will be so full of flavor, it will just have you saying mangia!
5. Dessert – If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll appreciate this gluten-free vanilla cupcake. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too!
Being gluten-free isn’t so complicated is it? With a little research and know-how, you can have meals that are satisfying to the palate and more. Remember, just have fun with it. Yumm-eee!