5 delicious budget-friendly smoothie recipes for summer
When it’s hot, humid and sticky, eating something fried or oily is the last thing that comes to mind. You think about watermelons, strawberries, mangoes, mint, blueberries and more.
The great thing is that you can throw all those fresh produce and stick in a blender until it becomes a smoothie. They make for a perfect meal replacement, snack or dessert. You really can’t go wrong!
Try these 5 refreshing smoothies that will keep you going and staying healthy during those hot summer days without breaking your bank:
1. Lime-Coconut Smoothie. Not only will this smoothie keep you deliciously hydrated, it is quite filling. It’s perfect for hot weather and it doesn’t cost too much to make either.
2. Fresh Fruit Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie. My children love anything with strawberry or kiwi, so this is a showstopper in my household. Instead of regular yogurt, we use almond yogurt and it still tastes delicious.
3. Mango Smoothie. My mom loves mangoes, so this one’s for her. The mango definitely makes you feel like you are sitting at a tropical island and the thickness from milk and yogurt makes it feel like you’re having dessert. We substitute with almond milk and almond yogurt.
4. Banana-Blueberry Smoothie. I love, love, love blueberries. This recipe calls for only 3 items. Even though it’s super simple to make, it’s super tasty!
5. Raspberry Lemon Smoothie. When I put lemons in anything I eat or drink, it makes me feel special. It’s like spraying perfume, you feel transformed and revived. I love the lemon in this smoothie because it not only adds a refreshing flair, it adds depth to the flavor profile.
It’s time to get those blenders out and use your imagination. Your taste buds and your body will be thanking your for all that delicious nutritional goodness.