5 easy ways to save at Staples
It’s back to school season and whether or not you are shopping for a school list, it’s time to stock up on those school/office supplies — many as low as a penny! While many are shopping at stores such as Walmart and Target, I want to share with you my 5 tips to saving money at Staples.
1. Sign up for a Staples Rewards card — With a free staples rewards membership, you will earn 5% back on every purchase in store and on line, 10% on ink and toner purchases, and you will also receive free shipping when shopping online!
2. Learn how to submit for Staples Easy Rebates — Staples easy rebates offer the convenience of no clipping and no mailing. Simply purchase an item that offers an easy rebate. When you receive your receipt, the staples sales associate will hand you a rebate form. This includes your rebate number. All you need to do is go home and submit your rebate number at stapleseasyrebates.com. You will receive your rebate check in 4-6 weeks.
3. Sell old Binders back to Staples — We all have old binders lying around the house and office. Whether the outside is beat, the prongs no longer close… what have you; Staples will buy them back from you. When you bring in any old binder to Staples, you will receive $2.00 towards the purchase of a new binder. Many times this can yield a new or cheap binder with back to school sales.
4. As with any store, shop the sales — During the back to school season Staples runs deals as low as a penny each week. Read the fine print, because there are often limits per customer. Even if these penny and quarter items are not on your child’s school supply list, think ahead for at home use, teacher gifts, and even donations.
5. Staples will price match — Yep, you heard it right. If you find the exact item for a cheaper price, bring in the ad and Staples will price match it for you. And remember, if you buy it at Staples with your rewards card, you will receive 5% back. What a great incentive to price match instead of shopping elsewhere.
Tiffani Taff of Thrifty Tiff is a Military wife and mom to 4. She writes daily on tips and tricks to save you time and money while learning how to live and love life on a budget. She is a DealPro for Savings.com and teaches Savings Nation Classes to teach others how to save greatly on their grocery budget.