5 guacamole recipes for Cinco De Mayo
Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo this Sunday? For me, the chips, dips, tacos, tamales and enchiladas are enough for me to celebrate this special day that commemorates the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War
(taken directly from Wikipedia).
I've been to a lot of celebrations and parties, and there's nothing like a Cinco de Mayo party. The food, the music, the fun, the laughter, the food, the drinks and did I say food? But you can't have a great Cinco de Mayo party without a killer guacamole.
I've got 5 guacamole recipes that will have you standing at the chip stand for hours:
1. Original Guacamole
- If you're one of those folks that only stick to the original recipe, this guacamole is perfect for you. You have the basic ingredients and when you make it table-side - yummy! Alton Brown offers his original guacamole recipe
2. Mango Guacamole
- If you're in the mood for a tropical flair, this is the perfect guacamole for you. The mango adds the perfect amount of sweetness and juice to the recipe. I found this wonderful mango guacamole recipe
on Allrecipes.com.3. Bacon Guacamole
- Many people have a love affair with bacon. If they're not eating their bacon in the morning with their breakfast, you'll see them taking out their bacon bits to sprinkle on their salads or anything else they can find. With this bacon guacamole recipe
from ClosetCooking.com, you'll get your bacon and guacamole fix, all in one.4. Grilled Guacamole
- Do you like to grill your food? I've seen people grill their meats, their seafood, their veggies and even their desserts. Now, you can grill your guacamole. Try this grilled guacamole recipe
from WhatsGabyCooking.com that will give you a deeper flavored guacamole. Amazing!5. Crab Guacamole
- If you're a seafood lover, unbuckle your belts because this recipe is going to have you keep eating until it's probably gone. I love crab and I love guacamole, so it's a perfect marriage of two. With this crab guacamole recipe
from RecipeGirl.com, you'll have your guests jumping for joy.
I can't wait for the chips, dips and everything else. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!