5 inexpensive gluten free recipes
In recent years, eating a gluten-free diet has become very popular with celebrities, fitness professionals and the general public. With stars losing weight and raving about it, it has become a growing trend.
While it has garnered a lot of attention, the gluten-free lifestyle is one that is very serious for celiacs because their life depends on it. Celiac Central says that an estimated 1 in 141 Americans has celiac disease, but 83% of those people are either undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. .
Now that more people are aware of this autoimmune disorder, gluten free recipes have been on the rise. Having said that, I have 5 recipes that won’t sacrifice taste or your pocketbook:
1. Whole Grain Bagels – What?! Yes! You can have gluten-free bagels and they don’t have to taste like cardboard. You won’t miss your bread group because you can still eat them sans gluten.
2. Chicken Pot Pie – You have those days you want comfort food, but a lot of those comfort foods have wheat in them. With this chicken pot pie recipe you can enjoy it and not get sick from it.
3. Banana Bread – I love desserts. Being gluten-free doesn’t mean you have to ditch the desserts. You can still enjoy them. The best part is that many desserts can be replicated almost identically to it’s gluten-laden counterparts.
4. Cauliflower Rice – We all know that rice is gluten-free, but the thought of eating rice day in and day out can be a bit boring. With this recipe, you can kick it up a notch with cauliflowers.
5. Egg Noodles – You would automatically think that noodles and gluten-free do not go together. Well, I have good news for you. You can eat noodles and more just by using gluten-free flour.
Whether you’re living a gluten-free lifestyle or you know someone who is, these inexpensive recipes will have you going for seconds and maybe, thirds. Happy National Celiac Awareness Month!