5 very last-minute gift ideas for National Teacher Day
Did you drop your children off at school and just realized that all the teachers were being showered with gifts? It’s National Teacher Day! I know, it’s really hard to remember all those days especially when they’re not heavily advertised like Valentine’s Day and because Mother’s Day is right around the corner, sometimes it gets overlooked.
But, you still have time. You can have a gift ready-to-go for when you pick your children up from school. Since most of us don’t have all the time in the world, I’ve got 5 gifts that you can pick up that will show your token of appreciation:
1. Gift Cards – I went to tons of blogs and message boards and all the teachers said that the best gifts they received were gift cards. Most of them prefer gift cards to Target or Starbucks. Make sure you know your school’s policy on gifts because some schools don’t allow gifts over a certain amount.
2. Coffee or Tea – Most teachers start their day off by drinking a cup of coffee or sipping on tea to get their caffeine kick. As we all know, our children are a bundle of energies and they all have different personalities. So this gift will help them start or sustain their day. Get a pound of ground coffee or tea bags that come in a pretty tin.
3. Flowers – Who doesn’t like flowers? Last year, we got my daughter’s teacher a pot with a beautiful orchid. I purchased it at Ralph’s for only $19.99 because it was on sale. Instead of going to a florist, try your local grocery stores as you will score a beautiful gift for a great price.
4. Usable Items – As a teacher, there are so many things you use and need. Go to Staples or Office Depot and get your teacher a new calendar, post it notes stored in an apple container, pretty organization box and more. They can use this for the remainder of the year and for the next school year too.
5. Books - Most of our teachers love reading books. Go to your local Barnes & Nobles or Target and look for a New York Times Bestseller. Make sure you get a gift receipt in case that the book is not your teacher’s cup of tea.
No need to worry that you forgot your gift this morning. In 10 minutes or less, you can get your teacher a thoughtful gift that will show your appreciation to them. Happy National Teacher Day!