5 ways to save on pet food, accessories, and more
Pets are fun to have as part of the family. However, sometimes you will find the cost of having pets can add up, so here are some great sites to check out to find some money-saving alternatives:
1. Use Pinterest to find ways to make your own pet food, make your own pet accessories, and even how to do CPR on your pets.
2. You can find great deals on sites like Craigslist and Ebay for pet accessories. Things like fish tanks can be quite expensive when you buy it new, so you may be able to score a great deal on a fish tank with accessories for less than the price of buying just a new fish tank.
3. In just a few months it will be Halloween and places like Goodwill, Savers, and other resale stores have costumes for dogs and cats for a fraction of the price.
4. Sign up for the loyalty program at your pet store. Besides earning points towards rewards for every purchase you make, you usually get discounts and exclusive coupons for loyalty members only. A friend of ours was able to receive $100s worth of pet food, accessories, and even a stay at the pet hotel just by purchasing a coupon book for only $20 through her pet store’s loyalty program.
5. One of the best ways to save some money on your pet’s needs is to search for coupons and deals that are available. Whether you search online first for a coupon code before you make your purchase or search for a coupon in the newspaper or a printable coupon, those savings can add up to big bucks over the long-run.
I’ve had a variety of pets from fish to dogs over the years and I know how much love they can give to a home. When you use these tips, you’ll get the love without breaking the bank!
Maria Tiongco Ramos is the owner and content creator for A Savings WOW!, where she shows how to make saving money every day easier. Maria is a busy stay-at-home/work-at-home mom to four kids. She is also a Savings.com DealPro and teaches Savings Nation workshops that help people learn how to save up to 50% off their grocery bills.