7 unique ways you can support and help others in need
(photo courtesy of Frugalissa Finds)
A lot of times we struggle on a daily basis just to put food on the table. It can be hard to think about giving back to others in need. But there are many ways that we can all support and give back to others, and do it in a frugal way.
Our Dealpros have some great tips for giving back, and here are 7 unique ways that you can support and help others in need:
1. Support others by donating your hair! A Mission to Save talks about the various program and how you can donate your hair to a good cause.
2. Putting together Manna Bags for the homeless in your community is a great use for those items you get for cheap or free with coupons from the store!
3. Schools are always in need of good support for extracurricular activities and more. Find out how you can help out your local schools with your purchases on Northern Cheapskate.
4. Use your online searching to give back. Sia talks about how you can do this for free, and also shares other creative ways you can give back.
5. Have a Zoes Kitchen in your area? Check out the fundraising efforts they do to support the Arts, and how you can get involved.
6. Still looking for ideas? Melissa has a big list of ways to pay it forward here.
7. Donate your expired coupons to military families. Military families can use expired coupons for up to six month past the expiration dates at their commissaries. Find out how you can donate on Melissa’s site.
I especially like the idea of creating Manna bags that can be handed over to the homeless in the community.
Do you have any unique ideas for giving back? Tell us about it!