7 ways you can save at Target every time
I love shopping Target and you can easily find great deals at Target if you know how to use these 7 ways to save at Target on every visit:
1. Watch Sales. The weekly Target Ad is a great place to start for savings. Target ads run from Sunday to Saturday each week and include sale prices, bonus gift card offers and other deals. There are also unadvertised sales in stores and online most weeks that can be found as you browse.
2. Use a Target Red Card (Credit or Debit). When you use Target Red Card you automatically get an additional 5% off your purchases and FREE shipping on your Target.com purchases. Another bonus of the Red Card is that you can sign up for Take Charge of Education as a Target Red Card holder and donate 1% of your Red Card purchases to your selected eligible school.
3. Price Match. The Target price match policy offers a great chance to save money. Take the ad or your smartphone with you and be ready to prove the price match. They match actual hard copy ads AND online prices. You will need the actual ad in your hand for everything except: Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com. To price match at Target you must go to Guest Services BEFORE you check out your item to get the price match approved. Not only can you price match in the store the day you are buying, but if you find a lower price with in 7 days of your purchase you can go in and get a refund of the difference.
4. Take advantage of Bonus Gift Card Offers. Target regularly offers gift card with purchase deals. They come in the form of “Buy X, Get $ Gift Card”. Sometimes it’s one item for the gift card amount, other times it’s multiple items required. All you need to do is meet the purchase requirements to get the gift card automatically at the register or online checkout. When you make the required purchase, the register at checkout will automatically stop the cashier from scanning additional items until they have scanned and added the proper gift card bonus to your order. Gift card offers also roll. You can use the card you earned from one deal to pay for another and it will produce another gift card at checkout
5. Use Manufacturer Coupons. Target accepts manufacturer coupons both from the newspaper and Internet printable coupons. The Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (i.e. No overage/cash back.)
6. Stack with Target Coupons. Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon AND one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon. Plus you can also stack Target Cartwheel coupons with manufacturer Coupons AND/OR Target Store coupons. You can find Target coupons online and you can also receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438.
7. Use Target Weekly Sale, Best Deals and Coupon Matchup Page. All the weeks target sales along with the coupon matchups are listed for you here at the Target Sales and Coupons page. This page is updated each week so you can easily find all the coupons and deals that match up with sales items. This page even included unadvertised deals.
Melissa Buckles is the founder of BargainShoppermom.com where she loves to help others learn how to save money and live well. She sometimes isn’t frugal but she rarely pays full price. She is also a Savings.com DealPro and teaches Savings Nation workshops that help people learn how to save up to 50% off their grocery bills.