Penny Pinchin' Mom
Budget-friendly Christmas Day potluck dish ideas
(photo courtesy of Penny Pinchin' Mom
Our annual Christmas Party is just around the corner. One of the things we started doing years ago was a Potluck style dinner.
After the elegance of a full course Thanksgiving Dinner just a few weeks earlier, I have found that offering a buffet style meal is the easiest way to do things.
I just make sure I am covering the main dish which is generally a ham, but you can choose anything you think your guests will like.
I love giving my guests the option to bring a dish to contribute to the meal, and the eclectic nature of a potluck dinner simply adds to the charm of a low key night celebrating with friends and family.
I like the fact that most of the dishes can easily be prepared ahead of time, saving time which is a valuable commodity this time of year.
- Including your favorite greens and veggies, along with a few different toppings and dressings for your guests to choose from.
Dutch Green Beans
- This dish is a classic for the holidays. It's also a frugal recipe for those who are looking for a special dish that doesn't cost too much to make.
Homemade Artisan Bread
- This may not really be a potluck dish, but it makes the perfect addition to any potluck style meal!
- I mean really you can't go wrong with the perfect blend of carbs and cheese during the holiday, and these cheesy potatoes are a crowd pleaser!
- This is a simple make ahead dessert that tastes and looks great sitting out on your potluck table!
It doesn't matter if you are hosting or a guest, you can't go wrong by choosing one of the following Christmas Potluck Dishes for your next holiday party.Kristie Sawicki
is the author of Saving Dollars and Sense, where she blogs about Money
Saving Ideas and Frugal Living Tips, as well the Best Coupons, Deals and
Freebies around. You can connect with Kristie Sawicki on Google+ and check out the Saving Dollars and Sense Facebook page.