Jeannettes Healthy Living
Healthy summer eating - 8 great grilling recipes
With summer here, and the heat upon us, its a great time to focus on eating Healthy. So many of the foods that are good for us, are in season right now, and grill up great!
While we love Kabobs, and grilled chicken, we have searched the internet to compile 8 summer grilling recipes that are a little more unique for you to try on the grill this year!
8 Great Summer Grilling Recipes
Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Tomato and Basil
- This recipe from Whole Living
looks delicious, and if you have a garden you likely have many of the ingredients right in your back yard! I might try to "sneak" a little fresh mozzarella in my version though.
Grilled Avocado with Fresh Tomato Salsa
- I love salsa and guacamole, so what is not to LOVE about this grill recipe from Bootycamp
. I plan on grilling up a batch of these this weekend and serving up with some great chips and beer (oh wait, those are not healthy!).
Grilled Fish Tacos
- Fish tacos are a favorite of mine when dining out. I am inspired by this recipe from Eating Well
, to grill up a batch right from the comfort of my own home. One commenter noted that she used Tilapia fish (in case you want to save money) and it worked well in the recipe too.
Grilled Thai Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Is there anything that does not taste good with Sweet Chili Sauce? I love it on grilled wings, but was intrigued by this Thai Chicken that is made with a cilantro pesto sauce from Jeanettes Healthy Living
. My mouth is watering just typing that.
Asian BBQ Steak Lettuce Wrap with Mango
- This recipe from Prevention.com
looks perfect for those hot summer evenings where you want something flavorful, but light. Mango and mint leaves make my tastebuds start to do the happy dance!
Lime Chile Corn On The Cob
- We love to grill our corn. We throw it right on the grill in the husks. We also love to make what we call "Mexican Street Corn". While its delicious, it requires slathering your corn in butter or mayo (or both) and adding on seasonings and Parmesan Cheese. Can't wait to try this version that says it provides the flavor without all of the extra fat from Something Edible
.Grilled Asparagus Rafts
- what a clever idea to skewer your asparagus together before grilling. I also think the addition of sesame seeds looks scrumptious. You will find more about how to whip up this tasty grilled asparagus on My Recipes
Cream Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken
(Chicken Cooked on the Grill, Orzo made in the kitchen) - My husband and I often cook together. He owns the grill space, and I prep salads and other foods in the kitchen. This looks like a perfect recipe to marry those two roles from The Food Network
Happy grilling!Jen Dotson and Sia Hills are Savings.com DealPros and authors of the website Thrifty NW Mom, a one-stop resource for ways to save money all around the Pacific Northwest. They both teach Savings Nation workshops around the Northwest, to show others how to save 50% off or more on their grocery bill.