How to make a Fall basket with supplies from the Dollar Tree
Recently I headed into my local craft store looking for fun supplies to decorate for Fall. I just love Fall. It's my favorite time of year: the decorating, crisp air, Fall festivals, the baking....it's all just fabulousness.
But when I saw the prices for baskets and decorations at the craft store, I paused. That was a lot for something I was only going to have out for a few months during the year.
So I headed into Dollar Tree next and picked up $10 in supplies to make my own basket. Here's how to do it:
- 1 basket
- 1 round floral arranger (two come in the pack)
- 1 roll of ribbon or you can choose the fake decorative grass
- 7 Fall flowers/leaves
1. Place the round floral arranger inside the basket and begin placing your floral and leaf items into the arranger.
2. Mix and move and arrange them randomly so that you have a nice mixture and there aren't any single big bunches of the same type of flowers and leaves.
3. Next take your ribbon or fake grass, and use it to hide the floral arranger inside the basket.
And voila! You have a beautiful Fall basket arrangement that only cost you a whopping total of $10 from the Dollar Tree. Similar baskets go for $30-$60 at the craft store.
What do you think of this idea? Do you make your own Fall decor items with supplies from Dollar Tree? Tell me about it!Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com.