Super Bowl Sunday: What you need to do to prepare
With the Super Bowl coming up, the thought on everyone's minds is "who
will have the funniest commercials." But you should also be thinking
ahead for what you should plan to eat. Because it's the New Year, we're
all thinking of ways to save money and be healthy.
It would be easy to throw together unhealthy and expensive treats, so let's do some planning.
What you should and shouldn't do to prepare for the Super Bowl 2014.
Don't leave during the commercials. These have and always will be the funniest part about the game.
- Make sure you're well prepared, with plenty of healthier foods to snack on. Trust me, you're gonna need it. Check out these yummy recipes here.
- Don't buy pre-made appetizers. These are way more expensive at the store.
- Be sure to use coupons and sales to save on all your groceries. You can learn how to coupon here.
- Plan some frugal appetizers. Here are 10 appetizers you can make for under $10.
you decide to make it a big affair at your house, be sure to have
everyone bring something so that you're not footing the bill for the
- Don't throw hot wings at the TV when your team fumbles the ball. Trust me…that will not be fun to clean up the next day.
something happens and you end up missing a commercial or two (that's
why we all watch, right?), you can usually see all of the commercials on
YouTube the day after.
Oh, and be sure to have plenty of trash
bags on hand when you're planning ahead for the Super Bowl. You know
how messy friends and family can be!
How do you prepare for the Super Bowl? Do you have a favorite appetizer that you make?Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at NaturalThrifty.com