Christmas is only two weeks away--have you finished all your holiday shopping? If not, here are some budget-friendly gifts for the fashionista on your list. Each item is under $40, available online from retailers known for fast shipping, and sure to please even the most discerning style-savvy woman in your life:
Cashmere-lined Leather Gloves
- A pair of cashmere lined leather gloves in a cheery hue is a fantastic gift for the stylish woman in your life. Problem is, they usually cost an arm and a leg.
Not so with these gloves offered on Overstock
: they come in amazing color choices like orange and lilac, get great reviews (though seem to run small
), and are less than $40!
Faux Fur Vest
- While some may find clothing too personal a gift, a faux fur vest is more like an accessory and doesn't require as custom a fit. This ivory faux fur vest from H&M
will work with many women's personal styles--pair over a floaty dress for an "Almost Famous" boho vibe, or wear with a black turtleneck and skinny jeans for a chic downtown look.
H&M is known by fashionistas as a great place to buy fashion trends for less so even your most discerning gift recipient won't scoff at the label. For only $14.95, you can't go wrong with this gift!
- The vintage look is hot, whether it's true vintage from local boutiques or Etsy sellers, or vintage-inspired fashion from brands like ModCloth
Show your vintage-loving fashionista you understand her personal style with this adorable Antique Skeleton Key Necklace from Fred Flare
. Only $14, but the length of the chain and size of the key make it a statement that will complement all her floral frocks and tweed blazers.
Crackle Shatter Nail Polish
- One trend that has been huge in 2011 is creative nail polish styles. One look to Pinterest and you can see people constantly repining images of matte nails with glossy tips, nails painted to look like boxes from Tiffany
, and two-toned nails with a shattered or cracked look.
Impress your beauty-obsessed loved one with this 6-bottle set
from China Glaze. A brand that is widely respected by salons, and a set of crackle shatter polishes that get great reviews on Amazon
, this kit for only $15.00 will be sure to please.
- I always love it when high-end designers pair with discount big box retailers; it's a great chance to get fancy brands for low prices. Luxe lingerie brand Natori
has recently paired with Target to create a line of lingerie and sleepwear, and it is stylish and luxurious.
This adorable Eastern-inspired pajama set
from Josie Natori for Target
is only $34.99 and even comes with an eye mask!
Leopard-print Hair Tools
- Any fashionista will also be concerned with maintaining a flawless mane, and any fashionista knows that leopard print is always chic. These days a flat iron not only smooths and straightens hair, but it can also create waves and curls.
This Leopard Mini Ceramic Styler
by Amika (available at Sephora
) is only $25, gets great reviews, and would be a great gift for the jet-setting or gym-rat fashionista on your holiday list.
- Celebrity fashionistas are passionate about their candles--they create flattering lighting and have a scent that matches their personal style. It's a luxury many don't think to buy themselves, and is always a welcome gift. Voluspa
makes beautiful looking as well as beautiful smelling candles that are as stylish as the fashionista on your list, and they last for at least 100 hours. Have your gift recipient dream of warm beaches and sunny skies during the coldest time of the year with the "Laguna" scented Maison Blanc candle
from Volupsa; at $27.00 it's kinder to the budget than a weekend in Aruba.
- Any true fashionista loves to know the history of trends and designers. Impress her with "Fashion - 150 Years of Couturiers, Designers, Labels
," a glossy hardcover coffee-table book that chronicles style from the 1880s to present. This book is large in size and content, full of facts, stories and gorgeous images. While this book usually retails for $60 and more, it is currently available on Amazon for only $37.79!
What do you plan to give your favorite fashionista? Add your gift suggestions in the comments!
Alison Gary has over ten years experience as a personal shopper, stylist, and visual merchandiser. Her blog Wardrobe Oxygen provides fashion advice to all women, regardless of age, size, budget, or lifestyle. She is a full-time working mother, blogger, wife, and frugal fashionista located in the Washington D.C. area.