What Shoes Would Frodo Buy from Zappos?
Frodo is a hobbit. Hobbits are very short human-like creatures. They dress simply but do not wear shoes. Sure, hobbits have leathery soles but they also have curly-haired feet...ew! Barefooted is the way of life for a hobbit. However, Frodo likes to go on adventures. Maybe he will wander away from middle-earth to visit this world. Then he must wear shoes to get around.
What type of shoes would Frodo buy at Zappos
- UGG Scuff Slippers. Frodo must first get use to wearing shoes. Best way to start is with slippers made from genuine sheepskin, comfy! Wool fleece wick helps to keep moisture out, which is what hairy feet need--again, ew! Slipper colors in chestnut brown, black or espresso. These slippers are for traveling.
- Earth Brawn 2. Frodo might then progress to wearing sandals. Earth Brawn 2 sandals are made of leather with hook-and-loop straps. Hobbits would not like anything scuffing in between their toes. Microfiber lining keeps the sweat out. Also has a thick rubber sole, which will give Frodo some height. He would love that. Sandal made in brown or black.
- Croc Yukon Sport Clogs. Next type of shoe Frodo might consider wearing are clogs, which are half-shoe, half-sandal. This outdoorsy Croc clog is constructed of leather with hoop-and-loop straps with a removable back ankle strap. This would help if Frodo could not adapt to trapping his foot inside a shoe. Clogs by Croc are ventilated and ergonomic. They are also loose fitting and slip-resistant.
- Keen Bidwell Slip-On Loafers. Frodo would now be ready for a full-fitting shoe. Okay, maybe not with laces as this loafer is a slip-on. Keen Bidwell Slip-On is made of full grain leather, memory foam footbed for custom fit and abrasion toecap for extra durability. Color choices are tobacco or black.
- Blundstone BL500 Boot. Frodo has progressed to travelling boots. Still no laces as he would like to keep it simple. They are made of leather with inner lining that wicks away moisture. The Blundstone boot is weatherproof, lightweight with superior traction. Color is earthy, looks good. Frodo might find this to be the best outdoor footwear for a hobbit.
What shoes do you think Frodo would buy at Zappos?
Charli "Chuck" Gulley is a screenwriter, filmmaker and freelance writer who lives in Southern California. Quite the tomboy, she enjoys Rugby, Fencing and touch football. She's an alumnus of the prestigious screenwriter's workshop, "Writers Bootcamp." Her passion is Hollywood, anything and everything to do with filmmaking. If you don't find her on set, you can find her at the arcade playing air hockey and eating pizza.