Holiday Decorating Ideas: 5 Inexpensive Items that Will Transform Your Home
Image by ralphunden via Flickr
Thanksgiving is gone and it’s time to turn your home into a Christmas wonderland. Unfortunately, this may seem like a daunting task when you’re on a budget.
Don’t worry, there are plenty of ways you can transform your home without spending a ton of money!
Here are five inexpensive items you can purchase to make your home more festive.
- Christmas lights – Simple white Christmas lights are inexpensive and yet, they can take an ordinary house and make it look extraordinary.
- Wrapping paper – You can use wrapping paper as home decor. Take down mirrors or pictures that you may have hanging on your walls. Wrap them as you would wrap a gift, add a large bow to the front, and re-hang them.
- Candles – During the hustle and bustle of this season, there is something so calming and soothing about the flickering light of a candle. Group candles together and place throughout the house. Turn the lights down low and enjoy the ambiance that the candles can create. If you’re worried about little ones, consider purchasing flameless candles instead.
- Christmas Balls – You can purchase Christmas balls in a variety of colors and styles. Christmas balls aren’t just for hanging on the tree. Use them to fill a hurricane or vase, create a spectacular holiday chandelier by adding decorative balls to each arm of your chandelier, or place them on a decorative holiday tray with candles.
- Christmas Fabric and Ribbon - Christmas fabric can be used to create your own Christmas linens. Consider making a tablecloth, table runner, cloth napkins, or a tree skirt. You can even use Christmas fabric to make decorative throw pillows. You can use the ribbon to spice up any home decor project!
It doesn’t take much to change the look and feel of your home. Make a commitment to do what you can this year…and if you can, save a little money for the after Christmas sales. It’s a great way to make sure you have everything you need for next year!
How do you make your home more festive this season? Share your budget holiday decor tips in the comments!