The ultimate list of last-minute Thanksgiving recipes to try
Still putting together the recipe list and heading out to the store for ingredients? First things first: Get organized and quickly! You’re in the procrastinator’s club and that’s cool, but let’s get organized stat!
So while you’re weeding through all of the recipes that you could possibly make, check out these wickedly awesome recipes from our Dealpros:
1.TURKEY! First comes first…we gotta have a good turkey, right? Check out Phoebe’s turkey recipe for success: How to Cook the Perfect Turkey (Stress-Free!). Or you can also try Amanda’s Crock Pot Turkey Breast.
2. SWEET POTATOES! Sarah’s Sweet Potato Crunch recipe. In the words of George Takei: Oh myyy!
3. SPICED CAKE! I don’t know about you, but I always have a crazy sweet tooth during the holidays. Hey, it’s Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for sweet treats! Check out Dian’s Spiced Pumpkin Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze.
4. CRANBERRY SAUCE! Cranberry sauce in a can? Meh. Forget that! We want the good stuff! Lynette’s got an amazing Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce recipe.
5. WHIPPED CREAM! Seriously who wants pie without whipped cream? Did you know you could make it easily ahead of time? Oh my goodness I’m drooling already. Check out Brittany’s Make Ahead Whipped Cream recipe.
6. VEGGIE TRAY! If you’ve got lots of people coming over, they need some healthier snacks in between slices of pie. Jen’s has a great Turkey Veggie Tray here (so cute!).
7. MASHED POTATOES! Let’s not forget the potatoes. I love me some mashed potatoes – especially with garlic! Check out Jen’s Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes recipe.
8. FUN TREATS! We need a few fun treats to have for snacking while we watch the Macy’s parade. Check out Dana’s fun Pilgrim Hats.
9. STUFFING! The stuffing may just be my favorite part of the entire meal (close call between that and the green bean casserole). Melissa’s got an awesome looking Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe with Apples and Pecans!
11. GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE! Um, yes please. Get in my belly! Be sure to try out Lauren’s Green Bean Casserole.
Whatcha think? Did I cover all the important essentials for Thanksgiving? What recipes would you add to this list?
Need even more recipes? My Royal Kitchen has a great round-up of Thanksgiving recipes here.
Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com. Crystal also works as a consultant for Savings.com on the Favado grocery program.