Mother’s Day Shopping Made Easy: 55 Gift Ideas for Every Type of Mom
Here at Savvy, all featured products are thoughtfully handpicked by our section editors. When you purchase something from our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. One last note — any items listed below are in-stock with accurate pricing as of time of publication.
Mother’s Day falls on May 14, 2023. To celebrate, we’ve compiled an extensive list of gift ideas for any type of mom, from new mothers to expecting mothers to godmothers to grandmothers. Show Mom how special she is by picking something that speaks to her unique personality, whether it’s a sparkling piece of jewelry, a vibrant floral bouquet, a decadent gift basket, or something a little more out there, like a personalized song.
Active moms, reading moms, coffee-drinking moms, artsy moms — we’ve got everyone covered. Read on to see our top picks from Harry & David, Macy’s, Lightbox Jewelry, Lululemon, Allbirds, The Body Shop, and many more.
Save Big on Gifts for Mom With These Mother’s Day Coupon Codes
Before we jump into our Mother’s Day gift guide, below are links to some of the top Mother’s Day coupon codes for:
The Ultimate Mother’s Day Gift Guide for 2023
1. L’Occitane Hand Cream Trio – For the mom whose hands are constantly dry
Price: $33 at L’Occitane
If your mom is always reaching for your bottle of lotion, consider this hand cream trio from L’Occitane, featuring three delightfully fragrant scents: Shea Butter, Almond Delicious, and Lavender. This way, she can stash one bottle in her purse, one in her car, and one at home — and stop dipping into your supply.
2. Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 1.0 oz Spray – For the mom who loves perfume but hates floral scents
Price: $80 at Sephora
This cologne from Jo Malone combines hints of wood and sea salt to create a decidedly non-floral fragrance. One Sephora customer described it as “refreshing," while another found it “spicy and beachy at the same time." (Note the lack of flower-related adjectives.)
For more beauty deals, check out some of the top Sephora coupons available today.
3. Theragun Mini 2.0 Handheld Electric Massage Gun – For the mom who goes all out in the gym
Price: $199 at Amazon
This portable, battery-powered massage gun has three speeds and all the attachments necessary to treat sore muscles after an intense workout. And it’s small enough to fit into the most petite of gym bags.
4. Unwind The Mind Gift Set – For the mom who adheres to a natural skin care regimen
Price: $37 at The Body Shop
The Unwind The Mind Gift Set from The Body Shop pairs the Breathe Purifying Hair & Body Wash with the Breathe Weightless Body Gel-Cream. Mom will appreciate this streamlined skin care combo that incorporates organic olive oil, rosemary essential oil, and eucalyptus essential oil.
5. Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, 4.2 oz – For the first-time mom
Price: $23.65 at Amazon
This vegan and paraben-free body oil uses rosehip oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E to visibly reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. A true all-in-one moisturizer, Bio-Oil is non-comedogenic and can be used all over the body (and face).
6. Book of the Month 6-Month Gift Membership – For the mom who reads every day
Price: $99.99 at Book of the Month
If your mom loves to read — but never knows what to read — consider a subscription to Book of the Month. It works like this: Book of the Month does the heavy lifting to curate the best monthly shortlist of books that will appeal to your one-of-a-kind mom, and all she has to do is pick one each month.
7. Clean Lines Belt Bag 2L – For the on-the-go mom
Price: $58 at Lululemon
A hands-free belt bag that’s tailor-made for walks, quick trips to the store, and an all-around active lifestyle. Even better, it’s water-resistant.
8. V Neck Jersey Dress – For the minimalist mom
Price: $59.50 $44.62 at Ashley Stewart
Surprise your mom with a versatile look that won’t go out of style anytime soon. This black V-neck jersey dress comes with an adjustable drawstring and elasticized waistband to maximize comfort throughout the day — as well as two side pockets!
9. Allbirds Women’s Tree Dasher 2 – For the mom who’s always on her feet
Price: $135 at Allbirds
Some moms need a discreetly-designed shoe to withstand the countless hours spent on their feet. Enter the Tree Dasher 2 from Allbirds, which was made for running but has a stylish simplicity that’s fit for any casual work setting.
10. Merrell Moab 3 Hiking Shoes – For the trail-loving mom
Price: $110 at REI
If you’ve ever slipped while walking down a dusty hill in a pair of fresh cross-trainers, you know that running shoes and hiking shoes are not the same. The Moab 3 from Merrell boasts a Vibram TC5+ outsole that emphasizes durability and traction for rougher terrain.
11. Glerups Slip-On With Leather Sole – For the mom who gets cold feet (literally)
Price: $100 at Glerups
Made with 100% wool and a leather sole, this slip-on from Glerups adds an extra level of sophistication to the everyday house shoe. Choose from nine colors, including gray, cranberry, and forest.
12. Mother’s Embrace Bouquet – For the mom who can’t get enough flowers
Price: $49.99 - $79.99 at 1-800-Flowers
Handcrafted from local florists, this striking bouquet comes with pink roses, Peruvian lilies, and lavender daisy palms delicately arranged in a pink, pressed-glass vase.
13. Atlas Coffee Club 6-Month Gift – For the mom who’s always trying different coffee flavors
Price: $99 at Atlas Coffee Club
Atlas Coffee Club is made for people who want to take their coffee-drinking experience to the next level by learning about the regions where it’s made. With a six-month gift subscription, Mom will receive a monthly bag of carefully-selected single-origin coffee, along with a postcard that lists the country of origin, its growing methods, and history.
14. The Art and Craft of Tea: An Enthusiast’s Guide to Selecting, Brewing, and Serving Exquisite Tea (Hardcover) – For the mom who’s serious about tea
Price: $26.99 at Barnes & Noble
Joseph Wesley Uhl lets his passion come through on every page of this book, which combines an engaging history of tea with practical advice on how to select ingredients and brew the perfect batch. “The Art and Craft of Tea" also makes for an ideal coffee (tea?) table book, thanks to some truly gorgeous photography.
15. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug, 16 oz. – For the mom who takes hours to finish her drink
Price: $29.99 $24.49 at Amazon
This stainless steel mug from Zojirushi uses vacuum insulation to keep warm beverages warm and cold beverages cold for hours. Despite its narrow design, the mug has a mouth wide enough to fit standard-sized ice cubes.
16. Mother’s Day Strawberries With Dipping Sauce – For the mom with a sweet tooth
Price: $54.99 at Harry & David
Strawberries are the main attraction in this delectable Mother’s Day gift box from Harry & David. She’ll get 14 of them, along with sides of English double Devonshire cream and chocolate dipping sauce.
17. NYT Cooking 1-Year Subscription – For the mom who’s ready to up her chef game
Price: $40 at The New York Times
Surprise Mom with a yearly subscription to NYT Cooking, the app-based service that offers unlimited access to expert-tested recipes, cooking guides, and how-to videos. She’s sure to love the Recipe Box feature, which conveniently organizes all of her favorite dishes (including ones from across the web).
18. Our Place Always Pan 2.0 – For the mom who likes to cook with less
Price: $150 at Our Place
Our Place recently debuted an update to its buzzworthy Always Pan just in time for Mother’s Day. If your mom prioritizes efficiency in the kitchen, she’ll be thrilled to know the 2.0 version works as a frying pan, roasting dish, skillet, baking dish, nonstick pan, and more.
19. Mother’s Day Cheese Board – For the charcuterie-loving mom
Price: $39 at Etsy
Get your mom a one-of-a-kind cheese board with her name on it. We personally love the distinct wood-burned design and unique grain of the olive wood.
20. Mother’s Day Flower Pail – For the mom who never turns down cookies
Price: $44.99 at Cheryl’s Cookies
Surprise your cookie-loving mom with an assortment of buttercream-frosted cookies in fun flower designs. It’s a colorful springtime bouquet from Cheryl’s Cookies she can truly devour.
21. Hooga Red Light Therapy Device – For the mom who’s interested in red light therapy
Price: $169 at Amazon
The highly-rated Hooga Red Light Therapy Device provides a noninvasive entry point into the world of red light therapy. Among its many purported benefits are improved skin vitality, pain relief, and muscle recovery.
22. Philips Wake-Up Light – For the mom who hates traditional alarm clocks
Price: $169.99 $108.95 at Walmart
Early-morning exposure to sunlight sets our biological clock while controlling the release of cortisol and melatonin, two hormones critical for waking and sleeping. This “wake-up lamp" from Philips mimics morning light and includes 20 brightness settings and five natural sounds for easy rising.
23. Apple Watch Series 8 – For the tech-savvy mom
Price: $429 at Best Buy
The latest smartwatch from Apple features a host of impressive monitoring features, from blood-oxygen measuring to sleep-stage tracking to fall detection. Just make sure your mom already has an iPhone, so she can take advantage of phone calls, texting, and Apple Pay all from the watch. Don’t forget to check out the available Best Buy coupon codes for a possible discount.
24. Deliciously Decadent Assorted Roses & Drizzled Strawberries – For the mom who deserves more than just flowers
Price: $89.99 - $119.99 at Shari’s Berries
If you can’t decide between colorful flowers or a sweet treat, why not get both? At Shari’s Berries, this assorted rose bouquet comes with up to 12 gourmet drizzled strawberries.
25. Amazon Kindle E-Reader (2022) – For the mom whose bookshelf is overflowing
Price: $99.99 at Amazon
Advertised as the lightest Kindle yet, this e-reader from Amazon can hold thousands of books. It’s the perfect way to help your mom maintain her reading passion without it taking over the entire house. Top features include a glare-free screen and a battery life of up to six weeks.
26. The Beatles Collector Box Set – For the mom who lived through Beatlemania
Price: $108 at Happy Socks
For the true Beatles fanatic, this collector’s set from Happy Socks celebrates the lads from Liverpool in all their late ‘60s glory. Inspired by the animated film Yellow Submarine, Happy Socks has crafted a funky collection of socks packaged in a sleek box designed to resemble an LP record sleeve.
27. Rybozen Wireless Microphone Karaoke Mixer System – For the mom who dreams of karaoke
Price: $99.99 at Amazon
This compact receiver is compatible with TVs, computers, tablets, speakers, and more, and comes with two wireless mics and two microphone inputs. Now Mom can bring the karaoke bar right to her living room (for better or worse).
28. Nantucket Textured-Cotton Striped Shirt – For the mom who loves to layer
Price: $59.99 at Appleseed’s
Double-gauze cotton provides a breezy, light-fitting feel to this long-sleeve shirt from Appleseed’s. Mom is sure to find plenty of ways to dress it up and down, depending on the occasion or the weather.
29. Italian Vacation Collection 3-Pack – For the mom who’s worried about burning candles
Price: $26.85 $18 at Happy Wax
If Mom has recently become concerned about the potential health dangers of burning store-bought candles, kindly direct her to this collection from Happy Wax. All their products are handmade in America using only natural ingredients, like soy and essential oils.
30. Postpartum Journal – For the mom in need of postpartum care
Price: $30 $27 at Promptly Journals
Geared specifically toward mothers who are postpartum, this journal offers prompts to guide new and expecting mothers along on their personal journey. The new mom in your life will also find tips and words of encouragement developed with the help of certified therapists.
31. Weighted Throw Blanket – For the mom who cozies up on the couch
Price: $169 $126.75 at Brooklinen
Because you can’t be there to hug her all the time, give your mom the next-best thing with this breathable weighted blanket from Brooklinen. Weighted blankets have been shown to reduce anxiety symptoms and help promote better sleep.
32. Totes Water-Resistant Insulated Parka – For the mom in search of quality rain gear
Price: $64.99 - $74.99 at Blair
Is your mom always getting caught in the rain without an umbrella or proper clothing? Get her this insulated water-resistant parka from Blair, featuring a removable collar and full-zip front. Choose from six sizes and three colors: Deepest Teal, Dutch Blue, and Red Plum.
33. Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase – For the mom who values her beauty sleep
Price: $89 - $110 at Nordstrom
Made from 100% silk — which contains antimicrobials that can calm certain skin conditions — this pillowcase from Slip is made to keep your mom’s skin fresh and hydrated. The Pure Silk Pillowcase is currently available at Nordstrom in twelve colors, including blush, caramel, white, and charcoal.
34. CraftLab Knitting Kit for Beginners – For the mom who needs to keep her hands busy
Price: $27.97 at Amazon
If your mom loves learning new skills, consider this knitting kit from CraftLab. It’s meant for beginners (and even kids), so she’ll be able to go from knowing nothing about knitting to making a scarf, fingerless gloves, and a yarn bunny in just a day’s time.
35. Esker Dry Brush – For the mom who’s worried about cellulite
Price: $18 at Esker
Made with natural bristles, this dry brush from Esker gently exfoliates dead skin and helps to increase blood circulation. Research suggests dry-brushing can temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite (though the science is admittedly inconclusive at this point).
36. Beach Time Gift Tote – For the beach-loving mom
Price: $69.99 at 1-800-Baskets
Hook Mom up with this essential beach-day gift package, featuring a beach-themed tote, Turkish towel, travel tumbler, and a delicious assortment of snacks and treats. Did we mention it comes with a pink strawberry Frosé drink mix?
37. My Garden Box 3-Month Gift – For the mom with a green thumb
Price: $145 at My Garden Box
It works like this: Every month, Mom will get a curated box of plants and products according to her preferences. Each box comes with helpful illustrations and plant-care tips to keep her new plants healthy and thriving.
38. Culligan ISH-100 Inline Shower Filter – For the mom who’s a water purist
Price: $36.94 at Amazon
The Culligan ISH-100 Inline Shower Filter works to reduce sulfur odor and chlorine while limiting bacteria growth. Each replaceable filter is designed to last up to six months.
39. Viski Rolling Crystal Wine Glasses – For the mom who enjoys wine tasting
Price: $22.99 at Viski
Not only do these wine glasses resemble art pieces; their odd shape also allows you to effortlessly swirl your wine, which helps with aeration — a critical step in boosting a wine’s flavor profile.
40. TEMPUR-Neck Pillow – For the mom who sleeps on her side
Price: $119 - $159 at Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-pedic’s iconic neck pillow supports your body’s alignment by adjusting to its natural contours. Use it for side sleeping or back sleeping.
41. Pentire Adrift 70cl – For the expecting mom who misses alcohol
Price: $38 at Amazon
Mom will love this complex NA spirit that is vaguely reminiscent of gin and is made with sage, lemon juice, and sea salt. Drink it over ice or with your favorite tonic.
42. TheraICE Form Fitting Head Gel Ice Cap – For the mom with puffy eyes
Price: $39.95 $29.95 at Amazon
This ice cap provides more coverage than some of the others we’ve seen online and can fit any head shape. Use it to reduce headaches and inflammation around the face.
43. Bala Bangles – For the mom who exercises at home
Price: $55 - $65 at Bala
Wearing Bala Bangles is an easy way to add weight resistance to your yoga, aerobics, or home workout routine. They also happen to be super cute and come in five color options.
44. Radley London Museum Street Open Leather Tote – For the mom who needs a bigger bag
Price: $288 at Macy’s
Perfect for work, a day in the city, or any afternoon errand, this spacious tote from Radley London sports a tasteful leather exterior and has a width of 15 inches. Get it in black or chalk at Macy’s.
45. HelloFresh Gift Card – For the mom who’s too busy to shop for groceries
Price: $75 - $140 at HelloFresh
HelloFresh offers an easy-to-follow meal-kit service featuring over 30 fresh recipes every single week. Mom can choose from hardy family-friendly recipes to keto power plates to everything in between.
46. Summer Goals Plant Hanger With Kit – For the crafty plant mom
Price: $68.49 $44.00 at Modern Macramé
This beginner kit comes with everything Mom needs to assemble a beautiful macramé plant hanger in just minutes.
47. Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine – For the mom who wants to make her own espresso
Price: $499.95 at Amazon
Compact and stylish, this espresso machine will turn Mom into a full-fledged home barista in no time. It also happens to look amazing just sitting on the counter.
48. 2-3/4 CT. T.W. Black and White Diamond Tennis Bracelet – For the mom who loves bracelets
Price: $1,399 $819.99 at Zales
Sometimes Mom deserves a little splurging on her behalf. Made from sterling silver, this charming bracelet features alternating black and white diamonds that will add zing to any outfit.
49. The Herbivore Calm Experience Gift Set – For the mom who deserves a self-care day
Price: $119 at Knack
This set includes everything Mom needs for a relaxing bath, including soaking salts, a pink clay bar, candles, and a cleanser. Add premium gift packaging for just $12.
50. Lululemon The Reversible Mat 5mm – For the mom with the ancient yoga mat
Price: $88 at Lululemon
This modern yoga mat from Lululemon provides just enough cushion for your body and has a polyurethane top layer that maintains its grip during intense (i.e., sweaty) sessions. Plus, its antimicrobial properties will ward off mold and mildew growth.
51. Bob Ross Master Artist Oil Paint Set Bundle – For the creative mom
Price: $148.46 at Amazon
This bundle set provides a fun gateway into the world of painting, Bob Ross-style. All the essentials are here: two canvases, eight kinds of paint, an easel, and brushes.
52. Round Natural Wood Wine Box – For the mom who regularly gifts wine
Price: $93.78 per case at Paper Mart
Help mom take her wine-gifting habit to the next level with this case of 12 natural wood wine boxes from Paper Mart. Their sophisticated design will help to quiet any lingering doubts as to whether she’s simply giving away her own supply of wine.
53. Personalized Mother’s Day Song – For the mom who loves music
Price: Starting at $199 at Songfinch
Express your love by surprising Mom with her very own song about, well, herself. It’s the kind of heartfelt flattery that will have her alternating between fits of laughter and happy tears.
54. BAGAIL 6-Set Packing Cubes – For the traveling mom
Price: $17.99 at Amazon
These packing cubes are much cheaper than others we’ve seen online and come highly-rated on Amazon. Mom will have six sizes to choose from for her next trip, as well as a handy laundry bag for dirty clothes.
55. Lab-Grown Diamond Princess Cut Gold Pendant – For the mom who sparkles
Price: $1,200 at Lightbox Jewelry
Lightbox Jewelry specializes in affordable and near-colorless lab-grown diamonds. This 14k gold pendant features a stunning 1 ct. princess cut diamond that will have Mom grinning from ear to ear.